It was my colleague's birthday and I baked her a cake. She is allergic to gluten so I wanted to make her something nice which doesnt taste as bland as in the store. I hope it worked because she loved it!
I got the recipe here but I did make a few changes in the method so I've written the easier version below.
You will need:
300 g white sugar
185 g Butter
200 g Gluten free plain flour
70 g Gluten free self raising flour
90 g milk
20 g Organic Raw Cacao Powder, Or 4 Tablespoons
half a bag of chocolate chips (I used dark but you can choose whichever)
- Pre Heat fan forced oven to 160 Degrees, and butter a Kugelhopf baking tin
- Whisk the sugar and butter together until creamy
- Add eggs one at a time while you are mixing
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended
- Pour into prepared tin and make for 40-60 minutes until skewer runs clean when tested.
- Leave on bench to cool completely before serving
Oh well, good thing I had some lovely chocolate left to cover and stick it all together a la Bake Off ;) The end result was quite amazing actually!
I have never actually tempered chocolate before so I just melted it and poured it over. So in the end result the chocolate was not as shiny, but it was still very yummy:
And the birthday girl and the other colleagues were very pleased with it. Plus I was extremely chuffed that I finally got to use my shiny new cake holder! More on that later, I dont even have piccie yet...