Goth Walk 25 - The Cock Lane Ghost

Hi everyone!
As you may remember me mentioning before (dont worry if you dont, I'm told I talk to much all the time), my friend Thorleif came over from Berlin the other day, just a week before Halloween. It just so happens to be the same weekend as another goth walk was scheduled. Such a coincidence! LOL. So naturally we joined in.

The bf stayed home due to his shoulder and the area we would go to would be super crowded, but he did join us for a lovely hearty breakfast.

It was a lovely sunny day and the theme of this walk was most excellent: The Cock Lane Ghost. With our regular priest as our tour guide, we set off. (I wont copy/paste the whole story here, but if you click the link above you can find out all about it)

The walk took us through Smithfield, which is always a lovely area and great for pics. One day I must do this in a costume...

Past various churches...

...and to the front door of Dr. Samuel Johnson who seems to turn up in a lot of 18th century London history. In this story he makes an appearance as well. And not only for writing the first dictionary!

We slowly headed towards St Paul's Cathedral...

.,,,which was rather busy with Occupy London who are there to this day. Did you know that St Paul's Cathedral has stayed open during 2 world wars and numerous other big events and now had to close its doors because of this? Forget the money they're missing from tourists, just the fact that this happened is a little sad I think.

But let's not spoil this beautiful day with such negative talk ;) See, nice weather, blue sky! In October!!! (yes, this was three weeks ago after all)

Some detail of St Paul's

We're nearing the end... as you can see everyone wore their comfy shoes. They just happened to all be the same! Hahaha... The bf insists I have some too. But I want them in purple and not quite as shiny. He might be able to convince me someday...

Since had been circling St Paul's Cathedral for nearly 3 hours and we never got close enough to Bea's of Bloomsbury for cupcakes, I dragged Thorleif there after the walk while the rest of the group went to the pub. Blasphemy in London? Too bad, I need cupcakes!! Two red velvets for me please!! Yumm :)

My friend made lots of pics also but I havent seen them yet... When I do I'll post some more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus