You will need:
- 6 ripe tomatoes , de-seeded and diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 3 medium mackerel
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Mix together the tomatoes, onion, thyme, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Layer the tomato mixture in a roasting tray.
3. Season the mackerel fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper. Place the mackerel on top of the tomato mixture, skin side up. Drizzle over the remaining olive oil.
4. Cover the mackerel with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot from the oven.
Quick, easy, and so good! One thing I must press upon you though: eat it all on the same day as ate mine two days after which wasnt such a great idea according to my stomach... LOL... a lesson learned for next time!
Let me know if you liked this too should you choose to make it :)