Maybe you know this already, but London is hosting the 2012 Olympics. Despite of the fact that I am not a fan of that particular part, I like this idea: Quilts 4 London want to give each Olympian (that is what you call someone who participates in the Olympics, right? Hihi, maybe I should just call them athletes...) a quilted panel. That means they need 14,000 panels!!! I have no idea how far they are now and how many they have, but I wanted to spread the word and help them out. I think I wil even make a panel! ;)
Should you be interested in making a pennant also, it is very simple:
- Choose a shape (approx the size of A3 (12"x16") but no bigger) - see template ideas on the website which you can download and print
- Choose a design - check out the Inspiration area on the website for ideas or just choose whatever you like (please note the information relating to use of Olympic branding and 2012 media)
- Make your Pennant (see our various guides and videos on Youtube)
- Add your details to a label and fix to the back of the Pennant
- Display / Exhibit / Photograph and upload to Gallery
- Send into Quilts 4 London at the Project address so it can be displayed at exhibitions and distributed to competing athletes
- Make another one!
- Get everyone else making one!
I think I will make one of these as I do have a lot of fabric scraps and this is a great way to use them :) Will you join me too? Just imagine how cool it would be to make this an international thing!