Happy Halloween with a Spider Hair Band

Heyhey everyone and Happy Halloween!
Due to the party last Saturday and the baking day on Sunday, we're taking it easy tonight :) But at work it was a whole different story! Halloween on a week day, now there an interesting concept... Let me begin with Sunday's baking day though.

I made two types of muffin: apple/cinnamon (in brown) and banana/white chocolate (in blue). They were a hit at the office today!

I also made these cute brooms with paper bags and leftover straws, electrical tape, ribbon and tissue paper. Inside there is a spider web candy bag, which I still had from my Boston trip, filled with candy. The idea came from our dear Martha Stewart of course, though a little simplified as the UK doesnt do paper bags very well... I handed these out in the office as well, it was so funny as people seemed a little scared to open them, hihi!

Of course I also had some crafts to finish (dont I always?). A little while ago, I found the perfect spider headband online, complete with tutorial! I knew I wanted to make this but had to find supplies first. Then, late last night, I gathered what I had and made it the best I could. The original:

It looks amazing! The sparly headband isnt quite my thing but the spider sure is cool!

As there was no way I could find a black gem this big for even a reasonable price, I had to improvise. Remember the steampunk handbag? No? This one:

Well, this was one side of it...

In storage, some of the black gems came out. Perfect for my hair band :) As it is a pointy gem I need a round one for the head as well which of course I also didnt have, but I did find some white ones that I took off an old costume once. So I borrowed some of the bf's spraypaint (shhh!) and painted it black. Covered in glossy MP and we're home free :) For the legs I used some of those green wires that you get at the florist to hang the card on. I needed them once and the florist gave me a lot of them so still had those. The beads came from a Primark bracelet which was only £1 and bought especially for this. I only used about half the beads on it... Curious yet? Check this out:

I think it looks pretty good! The round bit is the black felt so you can see some glue here and there but otherwise I LOVE it! So now that the food was ready, the hair band was on, the pics were taken, it was time to go to work...

After handing out the muffins and the brooms, there were cookies! Had to take some pics first... This was my Spider Office Lady outfit for today LOL. I was allowed to come Halloweeny, as long as it wasnt too crazy ;)

Just had to share this, lovely pic showing the cookies and the hair band ;)

Want one? I wont share the recipe as there are tons online already and I would need to find the one I used exactly... I printed it out, that's how long ago I found this LOL They were a little oversized but no one seemed to mind getting an oversized cookie ;)

Then, when I got home, the bf had prepared a celebratory snack for us. Yay! I loooove this! Plus the colour makes it very Halloweeny :)

While I was waiting for the main course to cook, I just had to take another picture of my shiney new hair band :) I love it! Oh, I guess I mentioned that already ;) Ignore the glue bits though, oops!

But then the food was done, tuna back (yes again, it was easy and simple to Halloweenify), I added blue food colouring to the cream, much to the bf's disgust hihi. This will be funny, we have leftovers for lunch!

I also baked these cupcakes on Sunday, they make the perfect dessert. Plus we still had some pie leftover....

And so we are currently having horror night. We just watched the Crow and have just started on the Exorcist marathon. Well, it will be part 1 as I do have to work tomorrow... but the thought is there. Hope you all had a great Halloween also! *happy wave while snuggling deeper into skull Slanket to watch movie*

Comments

  1. That spider hairband is just tooo cool! Don't think I could wear one though - I'd constantly be forgetting then thinking a giant spider had landed on my head and freaking out!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus