Running - Electric Run London 2015

Hi again everyone!
It's time for another running post :) Remember the running skirt with lights I posted a few days ago? It was put to good use at the Electric Run last Saturday night. It was so much fun! 

 Compared to last year, it much better organised with much less time waiting around at the start line. The course itself seemed a little short and according to my shiny new Garmin (I finally found one I liked!) it was only just over 3K. So having crossed the finish line, I had to keep going as I was also running for #Run3rd and I couldn't disappoint anyone by running less than the 5K really. Below are some pics of this excellent event, it was so nice to do a race just for fun! No one was going to get a PB with all these really cool things to see and photograph :)

On my way to the run, I met a girl on the tube who was volunteering at the event. As we walked to the gathering point together, she kindly took this photo of me. The bf sadly couldn't make the run so I was very pleased to have at least one pic of the outfit, even if it wasn't dark yet!

I needn't have worried as we weren't even inside yet and there were photo opps already! These inflatable frames were just everywhere...

 The Breast Cancer Care charity also had a photo booth setup where you could have your picture taken. It was great fun! Apparently I was the first solo shoot they had so far, but then again it was still early.

It slowly got darker and I just had to get a photo with their sign as well. I was running the #run3rd 5K at the same time after all!

The BUPA booth was excellent! They would take your picture in a super dark room, and then add lights to it in various shapes. You could choose wings, hearts, or these streaks that made me look like the Flash :) Woosh!!!

I took some selfies of the UV makeup that I'd gotten for Christmas (pre-planning is everything!) and I'd been applying painstakingly at home. A good thing too because the makeup queues were crazy! Then it was time to slowly head towards the starting line. I had registered in the red group so my wave was up first. We were so lucky the rain held off!

I didn't want to make this post too photo-heavy so just click on the photo to get a large version. There was so much going on! They had Candyland which had enormous inflatable sweets like ice-cream cones, cupcakes, and gummibears, and it even had a sweet smell! Then there was an Oceanland with blacklight which made the UV makeup pop, and a rave at the end with glow-in-the-dark performers
 
 
This is my favourite pic I think, I took it just after the finish line when my phone still had some battery left. I took a quick selfie and then kept running around the big square (since I was in the first wave it wasn't too busy yet) until my Garmin said I'd actually run 5K.

Not my best time, but then that was not expected anyway. Now I could take some more piccies and enjoy the festivities. As it was still dry and not too cold, I could actually soak up the atmosphere a bit before heading home :)

I got a nice girl to take this photo with my phone (now nearly dead) in the UV area. I just looked the wrong way (the light was on the other side!) so I had to edit it a bit in my trusty app. This pic shows all the effects though, the light-up skirt, the LED hair extensions, the UV makeup, and even my glowing white scarf LOL. It was a great run :)

Electric Runners in action!

I really wanted to get this photo of the Rainbow Road. It took a few tries to get all the colours to be different but it was so worth it! 
 
When I came home I asked the bf to take a final photo of the outfit with my camera as I wasn't sure if any of them came out. This one must be the clearest one I got the whole night, as most people don't know how to use normal cameras without flash anymore LOL

Then it was finally time to open the box that had arrived earlier that week from #run3rd. I'd signed up for the virtual 5K organised by Sean Astin and had planned to run it much earlier. I'd even signed up for Park Run! The knee didn't really play along though so I took it easy for a month after the half marathon so I did the two events at the same time. As the Electric Run doesn't give out medals this was perfect :) Look at that amazing medal!

This race is great fun each year, it's more of a party really and a nice break from other runs where you have to do well or set a certain time. It's a little pricey but when you see the amount of effort the organisers put in, it's really worth it. It's also another race done for my Running Through 2015 challenge, next one is in 3 weeks. Until then, I have a ton of sewing projects to finish so watch this space!

Comments

  1. Oh that looks like so much fun. We have a similar run coming up next month here in Cairns - with glow sticks and various light stations. We're thinking of doing it with the kids! And good for you running on to complete your 5km!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus