#MakeYourStash Willa the Witch Fabric Doll

Hello again!
I'll admit it, I'm actually pre-blogging this while I remember to share some more creations with you ;) Otherwise life will get in the way again! Kudos to all of you who do this regularly and still manage to keep up with work/chores/hobbies/etc.

Many, many years ago, I bought a few fabric panels on ebay with doll templates. One of them I made in 2010, and while I was convinced I blogged about this at the time, I cannot find the post so I probably didn't... Ooops... In any case, that doll has been sitting in my sewing corner for many years, while her sister has just been folded up in my stash. Not anymore! I finally took her out and completed another project. Now that I have more supplies like different colours of yarn for hair etc, I actually like the new doll better!

So without further ado, let me introduce you to Willa the Witch:

Isn't she just the cutest? 

I tried taking photos in the few days where we actually had no sun, so that probably wasn't too clever, but with some editing they came out ok. The fabric is still quite dark so it was not easy to capture her properly. I might have to add another photo later ;)

The one thing that put me off making this doll for so long was the 3D nose, which I now actually really like. It really adds something to the doll, especially withe the messy hair and the bog bow on the hat :)

And for those of you who are curious about her sister, this is her:

To my great embarrassment, I cannot remember her name anymore, and Google is of no help. But in any case, this was the first doll I made out of a doll panel in 2010. I only had black wool for the hair, so sadly no other choice. Purple hair or so would have been so cool though! 

Now that I finished both dolls, I'm rather tempted to find another fabric panel with a witch doll to make. I really shouldn't as they do tend to take up quite a bit of space... But at least it's one more project finished! I also had a panel for a vest of some sort, but it turned out you had to sew that onto a tshirt and that just made it way too 80s for me (yes there is such a thing as TOO 80s, LOL) and I gave it to a friend who will no doubt cut it up and use the fabric in one of his many quilts.

I just love how I'm rediscovering things I kind of forgot I had... I also got rid of a lot of bits that I knew I was never going to use. My local council recycles textiles which is great, so I can keep it out of landfill :) Ok, am going to leave you to it, and see what I can make next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus