Fabric Covered Journal

Hello again!
I was going to tell you all about the Hobbycraft show, but I've just finished another one of the projects I meant to do during Fabulising February, better late than never...

I'm so happy with it, I just had to show you :)

A few years back, this notebook was offered on Freecycle. Freecycle is a network where you can offer anything you want to throw away (and is still in good condition) and see if anyone wants it so it stays out of landfill and goes to a good home. I got this cute notebook. It's about A5 with thick pages and silver edges on the page. At the time I loved the fairy. 

While I still like fairies, the part where I loved this has come and gone and I think I wrote in it once in the last year or so. I now use it to keep a log of updates for running and medication, that kind of thing. So something needed to change. The book itself is gorgeous, it was just the cover that annoyed me. I checked my fabric stash and found a fabric that my wonderful sewing friend G. gave to me one day as it was purple and she had no use for it anymore. It was perfect! Strong quilting fabric with a silver sheen which matched the book's rims.

Enter Mod Podge and away we go! This came out so well, I am so pleased with it :) 

I used the outdoor MP as it just gives the best results. It's the thickest so there was the least chance of the fabric bobbling up.

When I got the book, the first few pages had been ripped out (I was aware of this) so I had to find a way to make it look nicer. I used some card stock I had leftover and washi tape to cover the edges of the fabric, and I also used the washi tape to cover up the gap the torn pages left. It took a few tries to find the best solution but this seemed to work *fingers crossed it holds* I also added that cute little ribbon sticker for no reason at all.

The back as it is supposed the look. That purple page is missing in the front. The same card stock and washi tape is used.

I had no idea this would work so well, I am chuffed to bits with it! I can't stop looking at it and think of things to write. LOL

Slowly am getting through my backlog over here, although I didn't manage to get as much done as I wanted it, this was an amazing start! Let's write something else...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus