Recipe - Steamed Chicken Breast with Citrus and Coriander

Hi all! The riots have died down a little and arrests have been made. The first person in court turns out to be a 31-yr old primary school teacher! I was shocked... surely people like that should set a good example?

Anyway, since life has calmed down a bit (well, riot-wise I mean, work is beyond stressful), I wanted to share a recipe that I made a little while ago. I took the pics and everything and then lost the recipe. How smart... But not to fret, have found it :) The original link is here, but below are instructions with pictures, yay :)

You will need:
  • 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
  • 2 large courgettes, thinly sliced (this means zucchini!)
  • 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
  • 4 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
  • Juice of 2 limes
  • Coarse ground black pepper
  • 2 small glasses of white wine
  • ½ Quixo chicken stock cube
  • 1 small glass of water
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 340g basmati rice
Instructions (with pictures!):

Pre-heat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.

Chop courgette

Chop pepper (I was out of reds so I used yellow)

I added mushrooms also as I had some leftover that needed to be finished

Tear off 4 large pieces of tinfoil, then place onto a chopping board.

Put half a sliced courgette, overlapped, onto the centre of each piece of foil and the chopped pepper and coriander on top. If you dont have fresh coriander like me, you can use powder as well. Not as good but it will do the trick.

Place the 4 breasts onto the courgettes and peppers, season and squeeze over the fresh lime.

Bring the wine, stock cube, and water to the boil in a saucepan.

Fold up one end of the foil so you have a tight seal and carefully pour in a ¼ of the chicken stock and white wine to each packet.

Then place them into a deep roasting tray and pour a little boiling water in the bottom to prevent them catching.

Cook in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.

Once cooked, do take care when you open the foil packets as the steam will be very hot

Serve. I just used normal plates and served with steamed rice. It was nice and healthy too!

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes

Small tips:
It’s essential that the packets are sealed very tightly to keep in the juices and steam.
Skinned and boned thighs can also be used, just allow 10 minutes of extra cooking time.

An easy, light, and summery dish for these warm days. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Glad to hear things have calmed down there! Another yummy looking meal! I tried your baked chicken and rice in the oven - and it was a big hit with my family! Thanks for sharing such great and simple recipes!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on a low sodium, low fat diet now and this looks like another great addition to my menus! Yummy - thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus