Prima Homemade The Creative Stitches & Hobbycrafts Show

Hello again :)
As part of my busy weekend, I went to the Prima Homemade The Creative Stitches & Hobbycrafts Show in Bluewater. That's in Kent and quite a way away. But the public transport is quite ok and all I needed was a tube, a train, and a bus to get there. Not as bad as it sounds. Once I got there, I managed to get lost but the girl at the information desk kindly helped me find the right entrance (for the 2nd time!) and I made it in. The show had two parts and two floors and for unknown reasons I decided to enter via the top floor. Maybe it was because the costumes were calling me because the next thing I saw was:


Movie costumes!! OMG I nearly cried. Yes I am that silly... the reason? On the far right of the four dresses on display is the Ever After dress worn by Drew Barrymore in the movie. I LOVE this dress, especially the wings and to be so close to it now and to see the details... I must have taken 20 pics of this dress alone... 

Isn't it gorgeous?

 AND I could finally see how the wings were attached. Am so trying this next time I need to make wings! Though am not sure if this will survive the plane, but one can always try.

 
 Carlotta's dress from the Phantom of the Opera movie was also on display. Purple of course so I was all over this baby too :) The other two dresses were nice but these were my favs. Plus I didn't want to overload you with pics! 

Of course there were goodies also, the usual mainly, but I did spot this fantastic sign. I love it!

There was lots on display as well and loads of different crafts, including this and I don't really what it is made of. I did read the sign but I've forgotten what it said..

 
 
 I also loved this item display by John Lewis. Check out the purple sewing machine! only GBP 99 but for the total beginner... sooo tempting though! LOL

Some quilts were shown as well, gorgeous as always of course

But the BEST was this knitted garden. Everything was knitted: the chair, the basket, the food, the plants, the plastic bottle, everything!

 There was also a small allotment section and they even knitted a garden path!

 
There was so much detail! Here is a closeup of the amount of detail that went into this garden. It was so amazing!

Once I had seen everything and bought some nice things (sorry no pics this time, but I only bought some ribbon, some wool for a winter scarf, some cotton quilting fabric to finish some projects, and some beads for jewellery so I was very good in the non-overbuying), I headed back to London. Should have been easy right? LOL, well it seemed to be a day of getting lost and I didn't realise that the shuttle bus went beyond the train station so I didn't push the button and ended up 5 miles in the wrong direction! So I got of the bus (much to the amusement of the local teenagers of course) and had to wait for a bus to get back to the train station. Luckily that only took about 15 mins and the sun was out but I was still feeling silly for forgetting to push that button! But I made it back ok and finished the day with a very long walk along the Thames for the Thames Festival, but more about that later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus