London SantaCon 2013

Heyhey everyone!
It's the most wonderful time of the year, it's time for SantaCon! Thought of by some as only a piss-up, it's really a lot of fun and plenty of Santas don't spend the day getting drunk. Starting at 11am the day after our Christmas party, it was difficult getting ready but I made it in the end, and on time!


This year I was taking the East Route, a new route for me. The gathering point was at St. Pauls where a Santa band was providing Christmassy music.

We then headed out at around noon and walked along Fleet Street, I think we may have stopped traffic at some point, we were just so many!

If you live in the UK, this will make sense to you. These Santas were handing out free tshirts to random people for Team Nigella. 

We slowly (yes really slowly) made out way towards to British Museum, and I met these crazy Santas who brought their own Christmas music in the shape of an amp hooked onto their phone. When they got a message, it was heard by the whole group! Their costumes were amazing, especially the fireplace was really well made :)

I also met this very cute Snowman, just had to share this one with you!

 More walking led us to the end point before the after party and we all gathered near the BBC building near Oxford Street.

Santa selfie! It's a must of course ;)

This Nun Santa was lovely with her Christmas lights

 
It was at the BBC building that Witchy Santa flew! I'm not used to such curly hair so sadly my face is a bit hidden, but otherwise this is so very cool :)


On the way to another party I passed lots of police keeping the Santas in line. Some were even taking pictures of and with Santas :)

My Sci-Fri group was also having a Christmas party and as I arrived in style, I was asked to be Santas Little Helper for the Secret Santa present giving. Of course I didn't mind!

Yes, in true Sci-Fi style, our Santa was Gandalf LOL. But I did get a very cool secret Santa: an R2D2 keyring that beeps!

It was near midnight when I finally left this party, I was exhausted... and I would have yoga the next morning. No pics of that though, that would just not be flattering at all! And just to make it a little more Christmassy, my Zumba class was having a Christmas party also where everyone dressed in red and white. Someone did take pics but I haven't seen them yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus