Fabulising February - Labyrinth Top

Hi everyone!
How time flies, it's been a week since my last Fabulising February post! This week has just been so busy with Pancake Day, Valentine's Day, and the Egg Hunt! But I have my next project ready to show you here. It's been ready for a little while now but the photographing was a bit of a pain. Luckily, today I managed to get a nice picture of the final result, yay!

About 6 months ago, I discovered Teefury. If you've never heard of this, it is a T-Shirt website that sells custom t-shirts for 24 hours only. Miss it and it's gone forever. Well, from their website at least, I have since found many more similar website and all the designers submit their designs to pretty much all of them. But anyway, I didn't know that at the time. The first t-shirt I bought through them was one based on the movie Labyrinth. It was adorable. It showed the little worm and was just very cute. Then it arrived. 


The print is cute, right? But you can see that it is all crooked. This was not the way it was supposed to look! The print, while adorable, was not centered and crooked to boot. This was not the plan. So I wrote to Teefury and sent them this picture and they gracefully gave me a refund as they couldn't ship another one since the 24 hrs had passed. I could keep the shirt. 

Luckily, I am a very crafty person :)

Next stop: Primark, where I found this long-sleeve T for only £2.50. It was in pretty much the same colour and I thought why not make a longsleeve out of it? It's not summer yet and it will be a nice change with the others (that I subsequently purchased). 

So I cut out the print, and spent a good hour trying to get it completely straight and centered as to not make it look like the original I received. Once it was finally pinned to my liking, I sewed it on and taadaa! My extremely unique, one of a kind (which is unique, I know, but I'm emphasizing!) Teefury 'Allo Seasonings' t-shirt :) I am so pleased!

I wore it to my Sci-Fi group last week and no one even noticed that it was not the original design! The colour matches really well and I am so happy with it now. Doesn't it look so much better than the original above with its misprint? Now it is all straight and centered (I'm leaning a bit away from the camera here but trust me, it's centered!) and I can now wear it in public.

One more project successfully completed :) Yay!

 
***UPDATE***
 
I wore this top during the Winter Comic Con in Olympia, and got my piccie taken with Ludo! Love it :)

Comments

  1. So cute! I know someone who would absolutely love this Labyrinth top :)

    Angela
    www.atypicalenglishhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work MJ! Not a bad t-shirt for the princely sum of 2.50!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus