Counter

Thursday, 22 April 2010

Mombi continued 15

I'm done, I'm done, the Mombi dress is finished!!

(this is an update from yday's posting as it was nearly 1am (AGAIN) and I really wanted to go to bed...)
So, on Tuesday night, I started the collar. It wasnt as easy as I thought it would be and took a lot more time, but by the end of the night (read: 1am Wed morning) I had this:


Not bad really but still not really the way it was supposed to look. Enter Wednesday night, and after sewing on what seemed like 300 press studs, I finally managed to get everything the way I want it to. I might cut off a bit on the one side where the spikes are longer but for now am not doing anything anymore...

So this is it!! Had to take my own pics so I look a little grumpy, but if my luggage arrives with me, I hope lots of others take my picture also!! :)






I did it! I have actually re-created the Mombi dress! When I started I had no idea that it would take this long and be this much work, or that I could even do it... Phew :) Very relieved and happy me!

2 comments:

  1. that is amazing looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanx :) Check out the next post for the final result :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...