- 200gr (7 oz) plain flour
- 100gr (3 1/2 oz)unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 8 ripe plums
- 50 gr (2 oz) chopped nuts
- the zest of half an orange or lemon
- 1 egg white
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas 7, 220C, fan 200C.
- Place the flour in a bowl, add butter, and rub it into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in one tablespoon of the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Then add 3 tablespoons of cold water and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a well-floured work surface and shape into a ball.
- Cut into 6 equal parts. Roll out each piece into a circle with a 14cm (ca 6") diameter.
- Cut the plums in half, remove the stones, and cut each half into 3 slices.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the remaining sugar, nuts, and zest.
- Divide filling between each pastry circle, piling it into the centre.
- Gather 1.5cm (3/4") of the pastry edge up over the plum filling, pinching it around to make a rim.
- Brush the pastry edge with with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden brown and crisp.
And this is the result:
I also made lunch for tomorrow: potato chowder. It's sooo yummy! I got the recipe from Allrecipes and it can be found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Potato-Chowder/Detail.aspx. It came out really nice :)
Now I have to watch the latest episode of House :)