Teacup Pincushion #2

Remember the teacup pincushion I made for my friend's birthday a little while ago? I have been wanting to make one for myself as well for a while now but I just never found the right teacup... I originally wanted a Halloween one, but when I saw this lovely granny teacup in the charity shop today I just had to have it :) I think it was the purple flower that did it ;) Plus it was only £2 which was quite a steal. I still have the cupcake pincushion of course but as I only put some foam in that it keep falling over when I pull out the pins which is rather annoying. This one is undoubtedly heavier and wont fall over quite as quickly. Check it out, it's really purple!

I really wanted to make this today so the spoon is a little small and I had to re-glue this about three times but all in all I'm quite pleased with it *huge smile* I mean, it's purple!! Ok, I realise I'm a tad obsessed with purple right now... just go with it... One day I will also buy the pretty metallic pins but for now my old ones have to do.

It's been a really creative day so stay tuned for more crafty posts! Now I have to get some sleep, it's the baby shower tomorrow and I have only just finished wrapping the presents... I so hope everything will fit as I have no idea about baby sizing... wish me luck!

UPDATE: My lovely teacup has been featured! So pleased *huge smile*


Comments

  1. that's a very nice one ! and what a beautiful cup !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh ... I love the pin cushion! The color is lovely and the tea cup and saucer are just perfect! What a great gift to yourself ... but now what are you going to drink your tea out of? (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pin-cushion - I'm a big purple fan (as you might guess from my blog background, header, button........!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Why didn't I think of that? I guess I'll have to look around for a fun teacup to make one for myself. Thanks for sharing this project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ-
    What a sweet take on a pin cushion. I've been in a bit of a purple phase too. The other day, I rocked a purple headband, while carrying a purple waterbottle and a purple yoga mat. It wasn't intentional!


    If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and a great idea for my mom for the holidays! I am visiting from Someday Crafts and I am a new follower! My Delicately Constructed Friday Linky party starts tomorrow morning and I would LOVE if you would link this up!
    Hope that you have a great weekend and that I see you around soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Love how nicely your fabric goes with the flowers.

    I bought a cup to make one of these and ended up using it for tea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus