Halloweening - Let There Be Light!

Ok, enough costumes for a bit ;) I do hope that I have inspired some of you at least a little bit :)

I still have so much to do for this weekend's dinner! And of course, safety does come first. So we needed some light. Where I live, we dont have any light on the stairs. For some bizarre reason, the light switch is placed in a stupid location so we never use it. Enter Halloween and LOTS and LOTS of empty jars. Well, maybe not lots and lots, but I did have to go through my entire empty jar stash! And the best thing? It was completely free (if you ignore all the Mod Podge I lost when the jar fell off the table, hihi). I still had some paper left over from another Halloween party years ago and it was just lying around. It's not really crepe paper (at least not what I understand by crepe paper) but it's thin enough to be see through. I glued the paper onto the jars, added some paper facial features, another layer of MP to make it shiny and tied the whole thing up with some spare raffia. I added some Christmas lights and voila, light in the stair well :) I LOVE THIS!! Check it out, I am so pleased! It's very Martha Stewart actually, I always wanted a cool stair case :)

With flash... but in the dark, the magic comes...


I only had 3 round jars (they were perfect for the pumpkins!) so I added the other ones around them. Let's get a close up of the pumpkins then :)

From super cute...

To surprised and slight worried

To positively evil

And finally with the skull lights also

Nah, I dont think anyone will fall on my stairs now :) Did I say I love this? And completely free to, and all from recycled materials so really frugal too!

Comments

  1. MJ,
    Your stairs rock! I love the idea of lining the area with lights and lots of lanterns--the effect is awesome!
    Glad to meet a fellow crafter in the same boat as me: using up what I have on hand ... living frugally ... creating ridiculously cool stuff from the stuff around us.
    THanks for stopping by THRIVE. Enjoy your Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous of course, but then I expected nothing less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your stairs!! How creative!!! Thank you for wanting to join my Masquerade Ball; I'm sure you will think of something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus