Halloweening - 99p Store Finds

I was planning on making everything for Halloween myself or to at least change the things I found at the 99p Store(really not as good as the Dollar Tree but it'll have to do). We have Poundland as well but the 99p Store is so much better! I went there especially to get glow-in-the-dark spraypaint which of course they didnt have when I was there, but I did find some other really cool things that didnt even changing :) I've managed to put up some of them already during my big Halloween decorating Saturday:

This door cover is currently adorning the door (a door cover on a door? Oh my...) I have been wanting to put something here for a while, and this one looks really cool. I was part of a 'decorate your house kit' for 99p. The kit came with fake foot prints and eyes (simple cardboard pieces), this doorhanger, two white plastic bags that were supposed to be ghosts, and a tiny spider web. I know, a bit of a bust but at least this one was worth it. The eyes I've Mod Podged onto a black flower pot and I'll take pics as soon as it has dried. I think something went wrong as it's been a few days now...

Black glitter wooden board. I know some very talented bloggers make this stuff themselves, but I know nothing of working with wood, dont have space to learn, and for 99p it's a steal! They also had an orange version but this one was easier reachable ;)

Another wooden board that is currently displayed on my kitchen door. With that text it just had to be :) I love the purple and everything. The strawberries on top came with the apartment and have been halloweenified (new word I found on another blog LOL) with webbing and a fake spider.

I got these hands at 99p each, arent they the coolest! The bf prefers the gorey stuff over the cute stuff (not surprisingly) and these are great. They are made out some sort of gel that sticks to all the windows. Great! I am planning on changing our shower curtain so it matches LOL

My pride and joy, the banister. I found this gorgeous garland for only 99p! Yes, it would probably look better with fabric, but where can I find this much fabric and the pumpkins for that price? It looks really cool I think :)

I also found these, they are skeleton light that run on batteries (so handy as I dont have an outlet where I wanted to put these), and they light up in red. The pic isnt great but am sure that will have a better one once the whole apartment is done up.

I found a few more things but the rest has not yet been put up. I found some candy too of course but dont tell the bf as he'll eat it all ;) I had such a great time shopping! I even bought some non-Halloween stuff, like this great learn-how-to-crochet kit. It comes with different colours yarn and three crochet hooks. Totally good deal! Plus I am so bad at crocheting that this will be great during those rainy days when I'm not working on my quilt which I so have to start...

5 or 6 colours of yarn, two crochet hooks, and a wool needle :) For 99p!

Wow, do I talk too much about what I paid for stuff? I just love bargains so much :) I actually visited a friend yday who was cleaning out her closet and had 4 (!) garbage bags full of stuff to give away to charity. She let me have first pick which was really nice :) She knows I love to use clothes for costumes and alter them and stuff and I got some really nice things :) I'll let you know what I make of them once the time comes. Honestly, how am I supposed to keep up when I have to work nearly 45 hours a week???

Anyway, I hope you liked my Halloween shopping spree result. I know that this is kind of going against the frugality of 2010 but I didnt have anything I could craft this out of so I'm ok with it. And it is still frugal in the way that I at least didnt go to Clinton where they charge you £5 for a couple of gel hands... LOL

Have much more the share so watch this space!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. I hope to check out Poundland and the 99p store some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your decor!! You're so creative! I'm so excited to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your sweet creations at my weekly link party, every Friday! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the dripping hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I love the bloody hands.

    - Megan
    www.polishthestars.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus