Halloweening - My Very Own Halloween Party

Finally, after all that hard work, planning, creating, and decorating, the time had come to throw my Halloween dinner party :) And it was much needed as work was really bad last week so this came just in time :D

Everything was ready:

The buffet table for the aperitifs

The candy plate with lots of Halloween candy that I had bought over the last few weeks

Guacamoldy with Halloween Chips (recipe click here, courtesy of Martha Stewart)

Eyeballs (also idea by Martha Stewart, except that she froze them as ice cubes while I served them to eat and eaten they were!)

Gherkins and mini onions with prickers that I attempted. Sadly they didnt all survive the evening

Marshmallow Ghosts, I just didnt have time to paint faces on them anymore... Miraculously enough they werent all gone in the end!

More niblies on the coffee table with more pumpkins.

These trees were something I wanted to make for years. An idea from Family Fun and with the tiny pumpkins they really worked well. Check here how to make these, they now even have a video! (which I didnt know until just now hihi)

We also had balloons and pumpkins on the floor so you might not see all the pumpkins as they somehow got lost in the pictures...

Then the guests arrived, just as I was 99% ready LOL, with only one shoe on and no makeup yet

The bf as the Dead Explorer, doesnt he look scary? ;)

And there here I am, the hostess with the mostest ;) Nah not really, am actually a really bad host which is why I take care of the food and the deco and th bf does the entertaining :) I dressed again as Sally as it was the only costume I could think of that I could cook with without getting anything dirty or on fire... And thanx to everyone for the compliments on this dress in all the linky parties btw!

After they tried some of my lovely nibblies at the buffet table, I served these sausage mummies, idea by Frenchy at Le Chateau des Fleurs.

We then sat down for dinner at our lovely dinner table. We had moved all the furniture aside to have the dinner table in the room (there is no space otherwise)

The bf had rigged it so we had Nosferatu looping in the background for that extra Halloween feel.

Homemade pumpkin soup as a starter. I would love to share the recipe but I only have the paper version so have to type it up sometime... It was yummy though!

Check out this lovely candle. I found it in my Halloween stash and decided to use it at last. It was a bleeding hand candle so naturally it would run a bit so I put a plate underneath. Until, when I was in the kitchen preparing the main course....

All over my lovely sheep skin! I have to get it out somehow (iron and tea towel I think?) as I really dont want to have candle wax on my feet... oh well, it added to the Halloween deco for the night ;)

Dinner! Tuna bake with green pasta (for lack of finding black, and trust me I've looked!) and blackened cream. Lame as a dinner for a Halloween party? I think not, check out the next bit:

I love this! I found the idea for these peppers at The Farm Girl Recipes where she had used them with pasta. I just knew that I had to use this for ...

My salad! Tomato and cucumber salad for some extra gore (hey tomatoes can be gorey).

I love the way this looks, and the pasta looks quite gross also with the cheese. Sadly the blackened cream didnt show too much but on the whole am... well, super excited about this!

Luckily everyone else agreed :)

Even my in-house witch approved!

Here is one happy cook!

It was time to prepare the dessert so I left my guests with the bf for a few minutes...

For dessert we had Cauldron Cakes which I found at MegaCrafty and just loved! I didnt make the swirls as intrictate as here, I just topped the cauldron with a dollop of buttercream and swirled some food colouring in it. For the handles I used orange and lemon slice candies and the stick is a Mikado stick (that I had to hide from the bf all week as he would have eaten them all). I added a little whipped cream ghost which sadly deflated quite quickly.

The bf was funny, he said 'I wasnt allowed to have any Mikado all week and now I only get ONE?' hihihi.. but he sure loved his cauldron cake!

Of course I had to have a photo with Jack :) It was the thing to do, after all what is Sally without Jack? She isnt even on my bed spread I noticed!

After some talking, music, dancing, and kicking balloons around, the glasses were empty and the time had come to end the party...

Our guests were leaving, somewhat tipsy might I add (just like the hosts) and were still goofing around on their way out the door. Time to clean up now... nahhh!!!

I had a wonderful Halloween Dinner Party and thanx to all for coming :) Also big thanx to everyone in blogland for giving me such great ideas in addition to my own. I hope I didnt forget anyone in linking back. For now, I need to have some yummy leftovers and enjoy Halloween on the actual day by recovering from the activities of pre-Halloween LOL. I must be getting old...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!

Comments

  1. Oh my that did look like some fun. I want to remember some of those ideas for next year.
    Happy Halloween.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was THE best Halloween party. Everything looked great - you really went all out. Thanks for sharing all the photos and the tasty treats. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos! I just found your blog and am a new follower.
    www.partypuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I missed a great party. The decorations and the food looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing party. The costumes, the food...everything looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Haloween Party! Creazy and fun. I've seen your pumpkins in CraftyCierra link party.
    Best regards
    Jo&cats

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a riot!! It looks like you guys had such a fun time. Great job on the decor....love the pumpkins, your costume, the pepper on the table, and even the troublesome gruesome hand. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing array of food!!! And those jack-o-lanterns are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. The decor was wonderful. The food looks great. Perfect for a Halloween dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus